- Gabi is an insurance comparison site that lets consumers compare insurance quotes across more than 40 providers in one place.
- In addition to auto insurance quotes, Gabi lets you shop for homeowners insurance, renters insurance, umbrella insurance, and more. Gabi also lets you shop for multiple types of coverage at the same time.
- Gabi says their average customer saves $961 when they use the platform to shop for insurance. They also report they have delivered more than 7 million insurance quotes to customers so far.
- Gabi is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), where the company boasts an A+ rating.
- Gabi insurance is absolutely free for consumers to use. The company says that, just like a traditional insurance agent, Gabi is paid a commission by the insurance company for each policy they sell.
Compare Multiple Quotes in Minutes
Shopping for car insurance can be an absolute drag, but that’s especially true if you’re hoping to compare rates across multiple providers. After all, individual auto insurance providers require you to fill out an array of personal information, which takes time and effort to complete. In some cases, auto insurance companies even want you to speak with an agent to get a free quote.
In today’s day and age when so much can be accomplished online, who wants to do that?
Gabi is an online insurance marketplace that aims to make shopping for car insurance and homeowners insurance much easier. Not only does Gabi let you get multiple quotes for insurance after filling out a single application, but you get the benefit of comparing prices across multiple providers in one place.
If you want to save money on car insurance, comparing prices with Gabi is definitely worth the effort. Read on to learn how this insurance marketplace works, who should use it, and how to get started.
About the Company
- Gabi was originally founded in 2016, and it has raised over $39 million in venture capital funding from investors such as Canvas Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures.
- According to the company, their technology is able to condense hours of research time down to a few minutes. In other words, they can help consumers save time and money.
- Gabi works with over 40 top insurance companies that sell auto insurance and homeowners insurance coverage. Some of their partners include Travelers, Nationwide, Progressive, and Safeco.
- In addition to car insurance coverage, Gabi lets customers shop around and compare rates for homeowners insurance. Consumers can also use the comparison site to compare prices for both types of coverage.
- Gabi is licensed to provide car insurance quotes in all 50 states.
- With Gabi, consumers with existing insurance can use the credentials of their policies to pull up necessary details. This makes it easier for people who have insurance to compare similar policies from other insurance companies.
- Because you can shop for insurance using the details of your existing policy, Gabi makes it possible to get home and auto insurance quotes within the span of a few minutes.
- If you don’t currently have insurance, Gabi lets you enter basic application information manually.
- Gabi handles the entire quoting process online, so you don’t have to leave your home or speak with an insurance agent if you don’t want to.
- While you can shop for Gabi.com car insurance using a desktop computer, this company also offers a helpful mobile app. The Gabi app even boasts a star rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars in the App Store.
Who Gabi is Best For
As you consider the prospect of searching for Gabi car insurance quotes, remember that Gabi is not an insurance provider themselves. Instead, Gabi is an insurance portal that lets consumers shop around and compare multiple quotes in one place.
With that in mind, Gabi is best for:
- Anyone who wants to compare pricing across multiple insurance providers in one place
- Busy professionals who don’t want to spend hours getting quotes from different insurance companies
- People who are able and willing to shop for car insurance online
- Individuals who don’t necessarily want to deal with an insurance agent just to get a free quote
Types of Insurance Offered by Gabi
As we mentioned already, Gabi offers two main types of insurance — auto insurance and homeowners insurance. However, consumers can also use the Gabi platform to shop around for renters insurance, umbrella insurance, and landlord insurance coverage.
Gabi Car Insurance Reviews
Before you take the time to get Gabi car insurance quotes, you’re probably wondering whether this company is reputable or not. Fortunately, there are plenty of Gabi car insurance reviews you can read for peace of mind.
For example, Gabi has more than 3,600 third-party verified reviews on their website that feature an average star rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Many reviewers seem to agree that getting Gabi car insurance quotes is quick and easy and that the savings they derived from using the platform were worth the trouble.
Still, there are some negative Gabi car insurance reviews online, as well as negative reviews of the platform in general. While the company has an A+ rating with the BBB, for example, some reviewers who left comments on the BBB website have said that Gabi promised a home security system for signing up but ultimately failed to deliver. Others have complained about poor customer service.
However, Gabi has very few negative reviews overall. In fact, the BBB has only closed nine Gabi insurance complaints in total over the last three years.
Gabi vs. Other Car Insurance Comparison Sites
Gabi may be one of the more popular car insurance comparison sites out there, but it’s certainly not the only one. In fact, there are quite a few car insurance sites that let you compare quotes from multiple providers in one place.
As you consider Gabi.com car insurance, make sure to see how other comparison sites stack up:
|Customer Reviews||4.8 out of 5 stars among verified reviews||4.8 out of 5 stars among verified reviews||4.8 out of 5 stars among verified reviews|
|Discounts Offered||Varies by provider||Varies by provider||Varies by provider|
|Mobile App Rating||4.5 out of 5 stars in the App Store||No mobile app||No mobile app|
|Insurance Partners||40+||200+||Up to 20|
As you look at these car insurance comparison sites, you’ll notice right away where Gabi stands out. While competitors like The Zebra and Insurify let you shop around and compare insurance rates using a desktop computer, neither one of these platforms have their own mobile app.
By comparison, Gabi offers an app that lets you shop around for car insurance using your favorite mobile device. You can download the Gabi app in a matter of minutes, which makes shopping for car insurance much easier for people who don’t have a desktop consumer.
How to Use Gabi to Shop for Car Insurance
Shopping for Gabi.com car insurance is a breeze thanks to their seamless online portal. The following steps can help you get a free quote in a matter of minutes.
- Step 1: Head to Gabi.com and click on the button that says “Get Started.”
- Step 2: Choose your current insurance company.
- Step 3: Enter your current address and specify whether you own or rent your current place.
- Step 4: Enter your email address.
- Step 5: Enter your phone number and receive a verification code.
- Step 6: Select the drivers you want auto insurance quotes for.
- Step 7: Enter the details about the vehicles you want to insure.
- Step 8: Enter other details, such as whether you own your car outright or make payments, and how many miles you drive each year.
- Step 9: Share information on the auto insurance limits you want to have.
- Step 10: Get Gabi auto insurance quotes from several different companies.
While there are ten steps involved in getting a free quote at minimum, the entire process of getting Gabi.com car insurance quotes takes less than five minutes. Once you see the quotes available to you, you have the option of moving forward with a new policy if you prefer. However, there is no cost involved in using Gabi to shop around, and you are not obligated to do anything with the quotes you receive.
How to Save Money on Car Insurance
There are numerous ways to save on car insurance, but shopping around is one of the most important steps you can take. After all, you can’t possibly know if you’re overpaying if you have no idea what other insurance companies would charge for a similar policy.
By and large, this is what makes Gabi so incredibly useful. This insurance portal lets you compare policies and quotes across 40+ providers in one fell swoop, so you know exactly how much you would pay if you switched providers.
With this being said, there are plenty of other ways to save money on car insurance. Consider these money-saving tips as you shop for a new auto policy:
- Check for car insurance discounts and compare discounts across providers. For example, GEICO car insurance offers discounts for being a safe driver, being a member of the military, having certain anti-theft equipment installed, and more.
- Choose a higher deductible. If you’re someone who drives safely and rarely needs to use their insurance, choosing a policy with a higher deductible can help you save money on premiums.
- Customize your policy. There are different types of car insurance out there, and you may not need all of them. If you have an older car that is worth very little and paid off, for example, you may not want to pay extra for collision or comprehensive coverage.
- Bundle your insurance. Most insurance companies offer extra discounts for people who bundle car insurance with homeowners insurance, renters insurance, or other types of policies.
- Maintain good credit. Most car insurance companies offer better rates to consumers with good credit scores. If you know this is one area where you fall short, taking steps to improve your credit score can help you save money down the line.
The Bottom Line
If you are considering making a switch when it comes to your insurance provider, using Gabi is a no-brainer. This portal costs nothing to use, yet you get the benefit of being able to compare quotes from dozens of providers after sharing your information just once.
With that being said, it’s important to remember that Gabi doesn’t actually offer insurance. This company will connect you with another provider who will actually offer and oversee your policy. For example, Gabi works with companies like Travelers, Nationwide, Progressive, and Safeco, to name a few.
With this in mind, you’ll need to do some additional research to find out if the company you want to purchase from is reputable and worthy of your trust.
Gabi Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much does Gabi cost?
Gabi is an insurance comparison website that is absolutely free to use. Getting a quote costs $0, and there is no obligation to purchase any of the insurance policies you’re offered.
Is Gabi insurance legit?
Gabi is a legitimate company that has raised over $39 million in venture capital funding from investors such as Canvas Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures. Gabi also has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Who owns Gabi Insurance?
At the moment, Hanno Fichtner is the Founder and CEO at Gabi .
How much money can you save with Gabi?
How much you can save with Gabi depends on your current insurance situation and policy details. However, Gabi says their average customer saves $961 on car insurance.