Welcome to the December 2021 issue of the Latest News in Financial #AdvisorTech – where we look at the big news, announcements, and underlying trends and developments that are emerging in the world of technology solutions for financial advisors!
This month’s edition kicks off with the big news that Halo Investing has raised a $100M Series C round to fuel the ongoing growth of structured notes, annuities, buffered ETFs, and other “protective” investment vehicles alongside competitors Simon Markets and Luma, as high valuations and diminished forward return expectations for stocks are leading financial advisors to more proactively ‘hedge’ client portfolios against a potential market decline… mirroring a similar trend in the rise of Alternative Investment platforms as below-average expected returns on fixed income are similarly leading advisors to find non-traditional alternatives for their bond allocations as well!
From there, the latest highlights also feature a number of other interesting advisor technology announcements, including:
- Geowealth raises a $19M Series B as a ‘next-generation’ tech-savvy platform TAMP competitor
- Orion acquires BasisCode Compliance to expand its compliance capabilities (as a pathway into larger enterprises?)
- Skience rolls out new integrations with Redtail as the ‘CRM overlay’ business expands beyond just Salesforce
- TIFIN Group raises another $47M Series C round in an attempt to make the whole worth more than the sum of their variously acquired parts
- FeeX partners with Advyzon as advisors continue to adopt tools to expand from AUM to the AUA model
Read the analysis about these announcements in this month’s column, and a discussion of more trends in advisor technology, including:
- FP Alpha launches a new prospecting tool to help advisors find new planning opportunities more quickly
- Helios Estate Planning announces it is shutting down as advisors continue to de-emphasize estate planning
- Vestwell expands into state-sponsored auto-IRAs and 529 plans as it broadens its offering for advisors serving small business owners
- CapGainsValet and Blackrock’s Tax Evaluator ramp up with fresh data for end-of-year capital gains distributions from mutual funds (and some ETFs!)
And be certain to read to the end, where we have provided an update to our popular “Financial AdvisorTech Solutions Map” as well!
*And for #AdvisorTech companies who want to submit their tech announcements for consideration in future issues, please submit to [email protected]!