Welcome to the November 2021 issue of the Latest News in Financial #AdvisorTech – where we look at the big news, announcements, and underlying trends and developments that are emerging in the world of technology solutions for financial advisors!
This month’s edition kicks off with the big news that Schwab is working on its own internal “Personalized [Direct] Indexing” solution, that is expected to become available to both its retail investors and the RIAs on its platform, in what Schwab itself describes as a “freight train” coming for mutual funds and ETFs in what it is calling a new era of “personalization”… from the advice that advisors provide, to the (direct-indexing-based) personalized portfolios that Schwab will bring to the table. And in the process, attempt to win away a potential of trillions in market share from the existing mutual fund and ETF complex?
From there, the latest highlights also feature a number of other interesting advisor technology announcements, including:
- Fidelity launches real-time fractional share trading, in what is widely viewed as a signal that it, too, is working on a direct indexing offering
- Addepar acquires AdvisorPeak rebalancing software to expand from performance reporting to full-scale portfolio management
- White Glove acquires Gainfully as service companies to help financial advisors increasingly acquire their own (proprietary) tech to better scale themselves
- Panoramix rolls out a new Pro edition that provides both GIPS-compliant composite tracking and its own rebalancing software tool that is aggressively priced for smaller/newer RIAs
Read the analysis about these announcements in this month’s column, and a discussion of more trends in advisor technology, including:
- Envestnet partners with Healthpilot to help advisors facilitate better Medicare enrollment choices for their clients
- Flourish Crypto launches a solution that will allow advisors to trade their clients’ direct-held Bitcoin and other cryptoassets in discretionary portfolios
- Microsoft launches a new Financial Services Cloud to compete against Salesforce FSC for the largest advisor enterprises
- Riskalyze overhauls its Portfolios engine for major speed enhancements (and a signal that it’s investing in itself for the long run!)
And be certain to read to the end, where we have provided an update to our popular “Financial AdvisorTech Solutions Map” as well!
*And for #AdvisorTech companies who want to submit their tech announcements for consideration in future issues, please submit to [email protected]!